Sunday, June 7, 2009

Healing weekend lunch

An excess of yin energy caused by over consumption of alcohol on saturday night left me feeling vague and ungrounded (otherwise known as a hangover!). I attempted to restore the balance with some yang winter vegetables, roasted to fill them with good grounding energy.



1. Cut up vegetables into compatible shapes. I used jap pumpkin*, potato, leek and red onion. Add garlic, chopped rosemary, sea salt and pepper and toss in liberal amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast at 180 degrees for one hour, or until the pumpkin is starting to caramelise.
*If the pumpkin is organic, I like to leave the skin on for extra nutrients.



2. Add a can of chickpeas and some cherry tomatoes and put back in the oven for another ten minutes. This gives the chickpeas a nice texture and makes the tomatoes nice and juicy.



3. Place in a bowl with some salad leaves and fetta cheese, and voila! You're on your way back down to earth.

1 comment:

  1. I think a good many people would be thankful for this piece, most definitely me. The food looks great too.

    ReplyDelete