Friday, July 24, 2009

The joy of pumpkins


There are so many levels of joy to be derived from this one simple pumpkin.
1. I bought it for the princely sum of $2 from the eveleigh farmers markets, so it's fresh, cheap and chemical free!
2. It was a lovely object to have sitting on my kitchen bench until I decided what to do with it.
3. I was very pleased with the drawing I did of it..

This one I did on brown paper (recycled from some flowers I bought last week!). I tried to represent the pumpkin's green/grey dusty skin using a combination of green and blue pencils, as well as white, brown and orange pastels. Finished off with charcoal pencil.
4. I made a delicious pumpkin and spinach udon noodle soup with it.. (recipe to follow).

This pumpkin's time on earth was not wasted.. if only if it brought such happiness to little old me!

No comments:

Post a Comment